93 Year Old Sharp Memory

Friday, July 23, 2010

This week I had the priviledge of visiting with one of my father in law's cousins, Helina. She is 93 years old and as sharp as a whip although she says her memory is failing. She also has an incredible sense of humor to go along with it. What a delight. I can't wait to get back over there and visit her again.

I will be reporting some of the stories she told me that are fascinating. Also I left with her a questionare to "jog" her memory. She called me a day or two later and thanked me for asking her those questions! Within the next week or so I will retrieve her interview questions and share them with you.

So look for "A Four Poster Bed On A Sod Floor" and "Twin Brothers - Do Not Marry Our Sister!"

I can't wait to share them with you. They are just so cool.

3 comments:

Nathan Hellman said...

You are so cool Mom! Remember, no apostrophe when a word is expressing more than one of something. I.e. 'Twin Brothers', not 'Twin Brother's'. That makes me want to say 'Twin Brother's what? What do they own? Their shared clothes? Toothbrushes?' Just a friendly FYI. :)

Michelle Goodrum said...

I have had the priviledge in the past of interviewing some older family members. You are so wise to do this now while you can. What a treat!

Michelle Goodrum said...

I have had the priviledge in the past of interviewing some older family members. You are so wise to do this now while you can. What a treat!