Look What I Found!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010






First off, I must apologize. To my 29 followers. You see, my husband and I moved after 25 years of living in the same home. What an ordeal to go through everything and get rid of a ton of your stuff that just sat around not being used or looked at in years. Some even decades!


Anyway. I found all wrapped in a rubber band a bunch of my Grandma Lyon's recipe cards! They were all browned from the years that have gone by, and the rubber band snapped the minute I touched it. Some of the recipes were her mother's (Minnie Hanson Fahl) and her Aunt Lottie, Minnie's sister. How cool is that! In a few days check back with me and I will post some of the recipes. At the end of a Chocolate Cake recipe it said "beat it good". How funny.


Above, are the card instructions. These are old fashioned - at least I think so.


Happy Hunting!


Mary






2 comments:

Cindy Bergeron Scherwinski said...

What a wonderful 'find'!Brings to mind that I have a couple of my mother-in-law's pickle recipes that I should scan and share. Thanks for sharing.

Greta Koehl said...

It's funny that sometimes it takes a move to turn up some of these old family items. And recipes are one of the best - they bring back many different memories.